A webinar by search experts from SciTech Patent Art (SPA) who have more than 40 combined years of search experience!
Patent invalidity/validity searches are conducted by companies for two main reasons:
- When confronted with a patent infringement suit
- While in-licensing a patent/technology to assess the strength of the patent
The primary challenge in invalidity/validity searches is to find relevant prior art (patents/NPL) that was not retrieved by patent examiners during prosecution. Therefore, the approach to find such prior art must be different (or unconventional) than those already used by the examiners.
Additionally, in these searches, non-patent literature which is extensively scattered around, is regarded very useful. Due to absence of well-organized database like ones for patents, search for non-patent literature is time-consuming, costly and there is no guarantee of finding a useful reference. This is why many companies are hesitant to conduct these searches.
As a solution for these issues, SciTech Patent Art has developed a standard operating procedure (SOP) including various unconventional search approaches aided with AI/ML and proprietary crawling solutions which can deal with a huge amount of data efficiently, and their experienced analysts supported by these tools conduct high-quality services for these searches.
We will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to SciTech Patent Art and AI/ML and Deep Web capabilities
- Overview of various unconventional approaches available
- Case study in chemistry/biotech
- Case study in electronics
- Case study in chemical processes