Recently Lipid Nanoparticles (LNP) have gained prominence as a delivery platform for novel, protein-based therapeutics. Moderna, one of the front-runners in Covid-19 vaccine development, is using LNP technology for its mRNA-based therapeutics. SciTech Patent Art’s scientists conducted research based on the published information available on Moderna’s LNP technology with specific focus on viral vaccines, and published their findings.
This study covers the following topics:
- The core chemistries behind Moderna’s LNP platform
- Performance characteristics
- Production process and scale-up methodolog
- Potential future developments
- Key collaborators/contributors
- Other emerging LNP applications in viral vaccines
SciTech Patent Art (SPA) is an 18-year old Technology & IP Intelligence firm with 95+ scientists holding advanced technical backgrounds in various subject matters. SPA’s life sciences team consists of scientists with chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, chemical engineering, material sciences, and medical device backgrounds.