The client was interested in learning about materials that are used in valves, especially aerosol valves, which are made of plastics. The client wanted SPA to explore and prepare a report on type of valve materials that were being studied globally.
Problem & Context :
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- The SPA team conducted a patent search and identified more than 5000 relevant records.
- SPA developed a ML/AI tool to analyze 5000 records would have been a very time intensive task.
- A 3-member SPA team trained the AI/ML tool.
- Subsequently, SPA team used this trained model to categorize a sample patent data-set. This data-set formed the core for further training of the AI/ML tool.
- The above Step was iterated several times to improve the accuracy of the output.
- The AI/ML model was thus made ready following which the entire 5000 patent data-set was uploaded on the tool and was used for categorizing the records based on type of valve, material of construction etc.
- The technology assessment was thus made based on a huge patent data-set using an in-house developed AI/ML tool.
- The model achieved more than 70% accuracy.
- The AI/ML tool was integrated into a globally accessible portal which enabled quick visualization of the patent data-set using graphical representation.
Turnaround Time :
- 2 weeks
- $ 25,000