A Japanese information technology & electronics company was interested in conducting evidence of use research for patents / applications of their interest. They were interested in obtaining a list of base station vendors or operators and identifying standards being used.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- SPA’s analysts specializing in Electronics and Telecommunication were assigned the task.
- The team reviewed the patents in detail and identified key claim elements of the patents under investigation.
- Searches for 3GPP standards were conducted by using keywords to identify relevant technical specifications and were mapped to the claim elements.
- Product searches were conducted to identify companies/vendors that disclosed similar technology. Relevant products were analyzed to identify product features and were mapped to the claim elements.
- The process to search for products and map to claim elements was an iterative process.
- Detailed claim charts along with an executive summary of the analysis was presented. The claim charts included mapping each claim element to technical specification and product features.
Turnaround Time :
- 4 weeks
- $ 10,000