The client, a Japanese innovation company engaged SciTech Patent Art to create Evidence of Use (EoU) in the area of imaging technology. The study was aimed at identifying patent infringement/ evidence for infringement through commercial products. SciTech Patent Art assisted the client by providing 10-20 interesting patents and mapped the same with commercial products of competitor companies.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A 2-member team of Electronics engineers at SPA was designated full-time to work on the project.
- Patent searches were conducted on imaging technology.
- Out of 2000, approximately 800 patents were identified as relevant to project scope.
- SPA team studied the claimed aspects of all the relevant patents.
- SPA categorized the relevant patents into three interesting categories (Low, Medium and High) based on the probability of finding products matching the claimed technologies.
- In-depth product searches were conducted using web search, YouTube, product brochures, prototypes, exhibits, company websites, image editing apps, etc.to identify products matching with the claimed features.
- Based on SPA’s proprietary approach, 800 patents were narrowed down to 10-20 patents for further study.
- SPA mapped the claimed features of these 10-20 patents with relevant products.
It took about 5 weeks to conduct the study and it costed $20,000