A global oil & gas company partnered with SciTech Patent Art to understand the state-of-the-art in shale gas technology. The client wanted to understand the emerging technologies, emerging players and the patenting trends in the area of study.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A chemical engineer with significant patent search and analytical experience was assigned the job.
- A structured search methodology was developed to identify relevant patents.
- The relevant patent records were analyzed, categorized, and mapped across the shale gas industry value chain comprising of exploration, drilling, completion, and production.
- Conducted a deep dive analysis to identify emerging trends across shale gas industry value chain.
- White space analysis was performed to identify the research opportunities.
- Portfolio analysis was conducted to assess the commercial and technical quality of technologies, and benchmark the assignees.
- Patent quality indicators such as originality, generality, technology cycle time were used to understand the pace of innovation .
- The study successfully helped the client define the course of future research.
The study took 4 weeks time and costed $10,000