The client engaged SPA to track multiple start-ups in the agri-biotech area. The study was aimed at understanding the basis for high investments in the companies and their potential readiness for commercialization.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A 2-member SPA technical team of Biotechnologists was chartered to conduct this study.
- SPA extracted information on core technologies owned by these companies based on their patents, scientific publications and general news-articles.
- Information gathered was analyzed to understand their technologies, marketing strategies and future plans. Collaborations with universities and other companies were also studied as part of this work.
- The team also studied the general status of companies in this space to develop an overall benchmark for technology status and the relative strengths/weaknesses of each company’s technologies.
- An insightful report was created highlighting the start-ups’ funding information, their distinct technologies, strengths and weaknesses, commercialization plans, and business/ market strategies.
- 1 month
- $ 15,000