Recently Lipid Nanoparticles (LNP) have gained prominence as a delivery platform for novel, protein-based therapeutics. Moderna, one of the front-runners in Covid-19 vaccine development, is using LNP technology for its mRNA-based therapeutics. SciTech Patent Art’s scientists conducted research based on the published information available on Moderna’s LNP technology with specific focus on viral vaccines, and published their findings.
Nanoparticles: A deep dive into Moderna
This study covers the following topics:
- The core chemistries behind Moderna’s LNP platform
- Performance characteristics
- Production process and scale-up methodolog
- Potential future developments
- Key collaborators/contributors
- Other emerging LNP applications in viral vaccines
SciTech Patent Art (SPA) is an 18-year old Technology & IP Intelligence firm with 95+ scientists holding advanced technical backgrounds in various subject matters. SPA’s life sciences team consists of scientists with chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, chemical engineering, material sciences, and medical device backgrounds.