The client partnered with SPA to understand the state-of-the-art in shale gas technology. The client wanted to understand the emerging technologies, emerging players and the patenting trends in the area of study.
Problem & Context :
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A chemical engineer with significant patent search and analytical experience was assigned the job.
- A structured search methodology was developed to identify relevant patents.
- The relevant patent records were analyzed, categorized, and mapped across the shale gas industry value chain comprising of exploration, drilling, completion, and production.
- A deep dive analysis was conducted to identify emerging trends across shale gas industry value chain.
- White space analysis was performed to identify the research opportunities.
- Portfolio analysis was conducted to assess the commercial and technical quality of technologies, and benchmark the assignees.
- Patent quality indicators such as originality, generality and technology cycle time were used to understand the pace of innovation.
- The study successfully helped the client define the course of future research.
Turnaround Time :
- 4 weeks
- $ 10,000