The client partnered with SPA to help identify potential external collaboration partners, such as Universities, Research Institutes etc. in the areas of Hydrogen production and Carbon Capture & Sequestration. The client wanted SPA to build an Energy Research Database containing information pertaining to the above.
Problem & Context :
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A team of 2 chemical engineers at SPA was formed to source relevant information.
- Aspects were studies related to:
- Sources of hydrogen production (chemical compounds, fossil fuels, biomass, water, etc.).
- Carbon capture & storage (adsorption, absorption, sequestration, etc.).
- Various searches were conducted in web, scientific journals and official websites of universities and research institutes to identify relevant research projects.
- Identified details of funding, project duration, completion date, etc.
- A searchable database was created using Microsoft access.
- The searchable fields were: name of University, sponsors/partners, funding details, technology focus, etc.
- An option was provided to incorporate comments and recommendations.
- This helped the client take informed decisions on selection of suitable partners for collaborative research in the specific areas of interest.
Turnaround Time :
- 4 weeks
- $15,000 for a team of 2 chemical engineer