||Japan based multinational provider of IT Services and Products.
|Problem & Context
||The client engaged SPA to map the claims of some of their patents with mobile broadband standards. The client also requested SPA to identify specific products from base station vendors/cell phone vendors which could be implementing the features of client’s patented technologies.
|SPA Approach & Deliverables
A 2-member SPA team was designated full-time to work on standard essential patents request.
- SPA reviewed the patents in detail and identified key elements of the claim under investigation.
- Keyword searches were conducted on websites dealing with ICT-enabled systems.
- Relevant technical specifications relating to industry-specific standards were identified and mapped with claimed elements.
- SPA mapped critical drawings in patents to the identified technical specifications (standards).
- Searches were conducted to identify relevant products from base station vendors / operators.
- Identified relevant products and mapped claim elements to product features.
- SPA also identified the standards that were being used by each of base station vendors/ operators.
||4 - 5 weeks
|Resources / Cost
- A 2-member team from Electronics domain