An Industrial gases company partnered with SciTech Patent Art to help identify potential external collaboration partners, such as Universities, Research Institutes etc. in the areas of Hydrogen production and Carbon Capture & Sequestration. The client wanted SciTech Patent Art to build an Energy Research Database containing information pertaining to the above.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A team of 2 chemical engineers at SPA was formed to source relevant information.
- Aspects were studies related to:
- Sources of hydrogen production (chemical compounds, fossil fuels, biomass, water, etc.).
- Carbon capture & storage (adsorption, absorption, sequestration, etc.).
- Various searches were conducted in web, scientific journals and official websites of universities and research institutes to identify relevant research projects.
- Identified details of funding, project duration, completion date, etc.
- A searchable database was created using Microsoft access.
- The searchable fields were: name of University, sponsors/partners, funding details, technology focus, etc.
- An option was provided to incorporate comments and recommendations.
- This helped the client to take informed decisions on selection of suitable partners for collaborative research in he specific areas of interest.
The study was conducted in 4 weeks and costed $15,000