A Japanese medical devices manufacturer, engaged SciTech Patent Art to create a database containing details of start-ups/ incubators/ accelerators/ tech transfer offices with technology tags in select areas of interest.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- In the absence of any commercially available database containing comprehensive information about start-ups, SPA was required to create a database which was searchable and also facilitated collaboration within the team of Senior executives.
- SPA engaged their searchers to conduct web searches to extract information related to start-ups/ incubators/ accelerators/ technology transfer offices in Universities/Research Institutes from North America, Europe and Asia regions.
- Screened the above list and selected entities working on technologies of interest.
- SPA team created technology tags for all the global entities identified above.
- Created a web based, searchable, collaborative portal that enabled easy review of the company and its technologies.
- The collaborative portal is used by the client to track potential acquisition targets.
The team developed the portal and uploaded data, which took about 10 weeks and costed $20,000