- SciTech Patent Art conducted a patent landscape for a Japanese manufacturer of medical devices and supplies. The objective of the study was to understand the trends in “Digital Health” technologies related to prediction of heart failure.
Problem & Context:
SciTech Patent Art Approach & Deliverables:
- A team comprising of Biomedical and Electronics engineers was staffed on this project.
- The team conducted patent searches in multiple patent databases
- Around 11,000 patent families were screened out of which ~1,000 relevant patents were analyzed based on the following technical fields:
- Technologies, e.g., prediction, detection, treatment, etc.
- Parameters, e.g., respiratory, blood pressure, patient data, etc.
- Means, e.g., remote monitoring/telemonitoring, ML/AI, computational based analysis, etc.
- The study clearly brought out the emerging technology trends, information on key researchers, collaborations, etc.
- A detailed report containing Search strategies, Bibliographic information such as Assignee, Publication date, etc., and Analysis data
- In addition, key findings related to technology trends, emerging technologies, interesting patents, collaborations, etc. were presented in a report.
- 4 weeks