||An open innovation company based out of Europe
|Problem & Context
||A team of innovation experts engaged SPA to identify innovative solutions for retrofit insulation of houses that are not only cost-effective, but also aesthetically pleasing with other user-friendly features. The study included search for new materials and new technologies.
|SPA Approach & Deliverables
- A 2-member SPA technical team was selected to conduct this study.
- Web-based searches (web based information, scientific articles, market research reports, etc.) as well as patent searches were conducted.
- The study identified different types of materials used in retrofit insulation along with their implementation methods.
- The team analyzed findings in terms of short-, near- and long-term solutions and compiled potential solutions/materials that may be applied to develop efficient systems for retrofit insulation of houses.
- A summary report with key players and their cost effective solutions was prepared and presented to the client.
- Two material scientists