|SPA Approach & Deliverables
||A 3-member SPA team was designated full-time to work on the project
- SPA conducted a patent search and retrieved granted patents as well as patent applications of the client company, including those of its subsidiaries/joint ventures.
- The patents were categorized and key technology areas (e.g., upstream, downstream, storage/ transportation, control systems etc.) were identified.
- SPA used “Porter’s Five Forces model” to evaluate company’s strategic position in the oil & gas industry.
- SWOT analysis was conducted to demonstrate the status of the company.
- Growth-Share matrix was generated to understand the growth of the company’s patent filings.
- Originality (innovation of a patent ) and Generality (cross-field applications) of the patents filed were studied.
- Technology Cycle Time (TCT) was calculated to identify the technology progression over time.
- SPA ranked all the patents filed by the company using a proprietary in-house developed tool.
- A comparative study on patent filing activity of the company vis-à-vis its key competitors was conducted.
- SPA predicted future partnerships in various technology areas (such as exploration, reservoir simulations, drillings, etc.) based on similar patents filed by small entities, universities and independent inventors.
- SPA provided key recommendations to the company based on the above study.