Our Approach & Deliverables:
A 2-member SciTech Patent Art team was designated full-time to work on the project.
- SPA initiated the study by identifying all the components of the valve.
- The valve construction was intended to reduce emission of greenhouse gases.
- SPA conducted patent searches and created a patent portfolio around the said components of the valve.
- Based on the claimed subject matter, SPA assessed the strength of the valve-related patents.
- A few select patents were compared with those of other companies in the same space.
- Similarities / differences between the claims of client’s patents and competitors’ patents were assessed.
- SPA also determined if the client’s patent strategy was offensive or defensive.
- A detailed SWOT analysis on the sealing technology of the valve was conducted.
- The areas of opportunities for the company in adjacent industries were highlighted.
- FTO study was conducted to identify possible blocking patents and rule out potential threats, if any.
- The SPA team collaborated very closely with the client, and answered several questions on technology and its possible commercialization.