|SPA Approach & Deliverables
- SPA team considered the following approach:
- Search and retrieval of patents.
- Screening /Analysis of technology information from patents.
- Bucketizing all relevant patents into different technology groups and uploading them in to a web based portal.
- Providing critical drawings with labels for each of the relevant patents.
- SPA team found that there were more than 100,000 patents and for ~30% of the patents, no data was available in any of the subscribed databases.
- This was a big gap and could not be ignored.
- To address this problem, SPA team worked on the native language patents and translated all the non-English patents, especially Japanese and Chinese, into English using machine translation.
- This approach helped in retrieval of comprehensive information.
- The data was subsequently placed in the web portal and a dashboard was created for better representation of data.